Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The worst movie I have seen. WOW



Have you heard of the movie "8 seconds"? You haven't?

Lucky you.

So I come home today after a 12 hour day, and I notice my roommate and his girlfriend are watching this cowboy movie. I can tell from the hair and the jeans (too tight around the crotch for men, worn at nipple height for the women) that the movie's been made in the 90s.

I don't know why I decided to watch the movie, but I did. I think I was just too tired to pull myself off of the couch. And so for the next hour-and-a-half, I subjected myself to the worst moviemaking I have experienced in my life. The exquisite lack of depth of characters, incredibly artless editing, painfully stone-faced acting, extraordinarily vapid screenplay and generally godawful directing make this movie a must watch for masochists. Actually, towards the end, I continued watching only to see how bad the show could get. It didn't disappoint. I would rather have my teeth pulled out without anesthetic and have my eyeballs gouged out with soup ladles simultaneously than see any part of this movie ever again. I honestly think I'll have an epileptic fit if I happen to see this movie for the second or so that a channel stays on when you're surfing.

The movie is about a cowboy who wins a lot of rodeo championships and then gets gored to death by a bull. His friend then rides some other bull for more than 8 seconds in his buddy's memory.

End of story. Did that take eight seconds? Hm, maybe the movie makers should've limited the show's length to 8 seconds too. That way the poor dude who did die (Lane Frost) would be spared a bunch of posthumous angst. Back in the day, these guys had no protective vest, no helmets, nothing. Just balls. And Lane Frost was one of those guys. Got to give respect where it's due. But by making Luke Perry (blech...), Carrie Snodgress (whuh...?) and STEPHEN BALDWIN (What were they THINKING?!?!?!?) the main characters and shooting a really, really, badly made movie, you've done the guy a real disservice.

There are too many awesome nuggets of moviemaking to list, but if I HAD to choose, fast forward to the last 10 minutes, and watch the central scene in the movie, the actual goring incident. Seriously. (A close second comes 3 minutes later, when Baldwin rides his bull)

No comments:

Post a Comment