Monday, February 2, 2009

Bruce Springsteen crotch shot - the most enjoyable moment in Superbowl 43

Yeah, yeah, yeah, the Steelers won.

We hates the Steelers. Hates. Hates. So even though I was in good company the game, while reasonably exciting, was a bit of a let down. The superbowl ads were even more of a let down (there were maybe a couple that didn't suck. Must be the economy...), and the half time show was the BIGGEST letdown of them all.

First of all, yes, I was also traumatized by Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction, but does that mean that you only get senile people that had their last hit three decades ago? I mean, I respect The Boss and all that, but seriously, he sounded like his vocal chords had gummed up. The problem with erring on the side of politeness is that you get acts that are so bland that people have already forgotten what they just saw five minutes into the show. (Remember, this IS superbowl weekend, so we're all watching through a alcohol-addled haze) Fortunately, in the midst of all that incredible stretch of mediocrity, here was a gem that stood out for me:



I feel sorry for the guy - really, I do. He should have stopped after the Obama gig.

2 comments:

  1. For the record his vocal chords have always sounded gummed up. That's the appeal. I'm having trouble thinking about who would be better. The only one in recent memory I thought did a decent job was Prince.

    Who's your choice? Anybody w/ 'universal' appeal has already done it.

    Maybe GnR reunites for it next year. That'd be sick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is true - but I thought he just sounded like a doddering old man. Plus the crotch shot may have cast a negative glow on the whole show for me...

    I think they shouldn't even try for universal appeal anymore. I predict one of these years we're going to get Hanna frigging Montana, and when that happens, I swear I'm throwing something at the TV.

    GnR might be good if they choose not to play anything from Chinese Democracy... I bet they'll get Will.i.am next year.

    ReplyDelete