Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fungus feels soft and soapy

I just drank a gigantic glob of greenish gray growth. It was in my rice milk (it smelled OK, so I chugged straight from the container). I sloshed the milk around in my mouth and I felt something v soft, almost slimy/soapy. I thought it might be a chunk of curdled milk. Except that rice milk doesn't curdle. So I spit.

Out comes a nice big chunk (about the size of a dime) of life. Grayish on the outside, distinctly green in the middle. Which is about how I bet I looked when I saw it.

I have then chugged more rice milk (fresh, no fungus), eaten four after-eights (this is a British mint), and some candy. Still feel vomitous. Bleaurgh.

Moral of the story: Don't just smell before you chug. Pour the perishable beverage into a clear container upon which you may inspect the contents for evidence of floaty fungal (or other pathological floaty) events.

No comments:

Post a Comment